Aqua Alarm, an innovative start-up in Norway enabling safe water supply systems, is seeking a Chief Technology Officer to support their development and growth strategy. This new CTO position offers challenges in design and management, along with operational autonomy and career advancement opportunities. Do you thrive on creating solutions in positions that impact vital water resources distribution? Join Aqua Alarm in offering an accessible future of safer drinking water distribution systems.
About aqua alarm
Aqua Alarm is a water technology company delivering real-time monitoring equipment that is accurate, robust, and compact. The organization is knowledge driven with a history of scientific research projects with a focus on connecting new technological opportunities with their customers. Aqua Alarm drives smart solutions for safer drinking water systems – from concept to laboratory development – and throughout the entire distribution system.
Such safe water systems are crucial, as there are high numbers of incidents related to unsafe drinking water quality, even in modern developed countries. The mission of Aqua Alarm is to safeguard water supplies by providing real-time control of safety related quality changes in the distribution network – with tools to identify causes and locate infrastructure problems. An ambitious growth plan supported by investors is in place to make Aqua Alarm systems available to their customers; operators of drinking water distribution networks.
The Aqua Alarm development teams are kept small within departments to help the organization remain flexible, innovative and sustainable, while reinforcing trust and personal values. In bringing innovative technology to markets, the energetic working atmosphere at Aqua Alarm helps make it an organization that supports success through personal growth and a close network of teamwork.
What we’re looking for in a Chief Technology Officer:
A Chief Technology Officer at Aqua Alarm will be the executive responsible for integration of sensors and software elements, production and deliveries in parallel with management of research and development, its applications and its technological needs. There will be a high emphasis on the management side of the role, including supporting the CEO in the setup, recruiting and management of technology teams, while recognizing that technology development and applications are core to development of the organization.
Personal qualities for CTO success include high interest in data-driven technology to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes for the users. Duties include creating value with the data, enriching it and establishing on-target anomaly predictions. Developing risk assessment and prediction tools via machine learning and AI will also be within the scope of the CTO. Furthermore, the CTO should be the central architect of the technical part of the organization. Note that connecting the sensors and other operational information with the right software and hardware will be one of the first areas of support and development of the CTO.
- Water engineer or equivalent (WO/ Academic/ MSc/ PhD)
- In-depth experience within the European water sector
- Understanding of flow and quality models within distribution networks
- Knowledge of digitalization and related applications
- Established network within the European Water Business
- Developing production capabilities using “LEAN product development processes” in mechanical and and/or IT production
- Technical competence in design and integration of software and hardware
- 5+ years of experience with management tasks as process/ project leader.
- Interest and proficiency in business development and scaling
- Understanding protection of intellectual property
- Able to function in a fast-moving entrepreneurial and technical environment
- A strategic thinker also focused on execution; able to roll up their sleeves to produce results
- Self-starter with high energy and drive; fast-paced and results-driven; forward-thinking
- Trustful, low anxiety and a team player
- Experimental, ready to learn, and open to change
- Customer-centric in all aspects of planning and operation
- Collaborative with good cultural and organizational sensitivity
- Committed to building a diverse, inclusive work environment
Salary depending on experience level, including competitive share incentive plan for key employees.
Short-listed candidates will be invited to interview rounds. Assessments will be part of the selection process. Visiting the organization for a day or more will be encouraged and supported in the process, when possible within current Covid safety regulations.
Are you the ideal CTO candidate?
Send your CV and motivation letter before 25 January 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the position, contact Naomi Timmer, H2O People
email@example.com +31 683674808
Recruitment Support: H2O People
Employer: Aqua Alarm
Location: Asker (Oslo region), Norway (Remote options possible)
Branche: Water, environment, Drinking water, Water quality/ Water distribution/ Research and science/ water technology/ Data / AI/ Sensoring/ Information technology
Role: CTO/ Chief Technology officer/ Chief Technical Officer/ R&D/ Management/ lead engineer
Education level: WO/ Academic/ MSc/ PhD
Employment experience: 5-10 years, > 10 years